Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cheerleading and Dance have started....

Yayyy!!! Football season is gearing up and that means cheerleading for the Burge household. This will be Peyton's 4th season cheering. My first season in 2, that I'm not coaching! Guess what I'm more excited about....hahaha! I told Jamie I was going to be the mom on the sidelines sitting in her chair and reading her book. All I wanted to be responsible for was bringing snacks on the night we were suppose to and writing the check for the shoes. We are so blessed to be on a squad that both the coaches are friends of mine from church. Out of the 22 girls on the squad, 6 of them are friends from church. Piper is playing the role of mascot again this year. Which consist of cheering when you feel like it and eating alot of stadium food in the meantime.

Tonight also is a kickoff for us...dance. This will be Piper's 2nd year dancing and Peyton's 1st. Peyton chose not to try out for the competition cheering squad this year so she could give dance a try. I'm so excited for the both of them. They both love music and dance around the house all the time. Of course this means we have a busy week now, at least until football season is over in November.

We also have school starting this Friday. Peyton will start 3rd grade and can't wait! She asked me the other day, Mom...don't I look like I should be going into the 4th grade? She is such a nut, I told her to stop trying to grow up so fast. Piper will start Pre-K on Monday. I'm so sad that we will not be at our precious Neva's house anymore. She has watched over my babies for the past 6 years and I'm truly going to miss seeing her everyday. I will still see her at church, just not everyday. I told her I may need to be medicated to make it through my withdrawals. If Jamie would just agree to baby number 3! haha

With all these activities starting up this week, the Burge household has spent a small fortune on shoes! Cheer shoes, school shoes, ballet shoes and tap shoes. Too bad they can't wear flip flops to school, it would be so much cheaper. And don't even get me started on the school supplies I have to buy. What are my tax dollars being spent on? Apparently not school supplies and teacher's salaries.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

oh my!!! I'm excited you aren't coaching this year..

I'm very excited for the girls and getting all the "stuff" started this for this year...

Let me know what Piper thinks of K4!!

This time of year is definitely hard on the pocket book!!!