Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School and Cookoo for Coupons!


Here are my babies on their first day of school this year. Peyton was so excited to enter the 3rd grade! She has one of the best 3rd grade teachers this year, Mr. Cahlink! All the kids want him, and the mom's I know who have had children in his class in the past say he is awesome with the kids. Needless to say we are excited about the year as well. Piper couldn't wait to get to school She wanted a special hairdo for the day and made sure we didn't wash off her tattoo the night before. She had so much fun. Her teachers seem to be great. They both taught together in the public school system for 3 years and now have taught at the preschool together for 2 years. We are looking forward to Piper's Pre-K adventures.



Now, you may be asking yourself why in the world does Kristie have pictures of food on her blog...well I'm cookoo for coupons! I got on couponmom.com and called my friend Tiff and got the skinny on this coupon craze and now I'm hooked! See my gems above, 2 boxes of cereal, 1 tube of toothpaste and 9 composition books.........drum roll please........$4.70! The books were free! Crazy I know!

Here is the grand prize, I saved 38% at Kroger getting all this food. That was $59.06 in coupons! Can you believe that! And it's not stuff we won't use. I was very careful not to buy items just because they were on sale or I had a coupon. I can hardly wait til Sunday's paper comes out and I get a fresh stack of coupons. I wonder how much I will save next week?




1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Isn't couponing just the best?????!!! I'm so proud of you!

So glad you had SUCH a successful trip! I never knew waiting for the Sunday paper could be so exciting!!

The girls look just beautiful and a tattoo is a MUST on the first day!